Now, we need to access the Zabbix server dashboard and add a new Host.
Open your browser and enter the IP address of your web server plus /zabbix.
In our example, the following URL was entered in the Browser:
On the login screen, use the default username and default password.
• Default Username: Admin
• Default Password: zabbix
After a successful login, you will be sent to the Zabbix Dashboard.
On the dashboard screen, access the Configuration menu and select the Discovery option.
On the top right of the screen, click on the Create discovery rule button.
On the Host discovery configuration screen, you will have to enter the following information:
• Name - Enter an Identification to the Discovery Rule.
• Discovery by Proxy - No proxy.
• IP Range - Enter the IP address range that needs to be scanned.
• Update Interval - Time interval between the network scan.
• Checks - Click on the New option.
• Device uniqueness criteria - SNMPv2 agent "184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.0"
• Enabled - Yes
Here is the original image, before our configuration.
Here is the new image with our configuration.
Click on the New option and enter the following configuration.
Click on the Add option.
On the Device uniqueness criteria, select the option named: SNMPv2 agent "18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0"
Click on the Add button to finish the Auto discovery rule configuration.