Tutorial - Zabbix Email Notification Setup
Open your browser and enter the IP address of your web server plus /zabbix.
In our example, the following URL was entered in the Browser:
On the login screen, use the default username and default password.
• Default Username: Admin
• Default Password: zabbix
After a successful login, you will be sent to the Zabbix Dashboard.
On the dashboard screen, access the Administration menu and select the Media Types option.
Locate and click on the option named Email.
On the Email properties screen, you need to enter the following configuration.
• SMTP server - Enter the E-mail server IP address or Hostname.
• SMTP server port - Enter the SMTP TCP port of the e-mail server.
• SMTP helo - Enter the domain name of your e-mail address.
• SMTP email - The e-mail address that will send Zabbix notifications.
• Connection Security - The security protocol that should be used to connect to the e-mail server.
• Authentication - The username and password of the e-mail account that will send Zabbix notifications.
Here is the original image, before our configuration.
Here is the new image with our configuration.
• SMTP server - SMTP.GMAIL.COM
• SMTP server port - 465
• SMTP helo - gmail.com
• SMTP email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Connection Security - SSL/TLS
• Authentication Username - email@example.com
• Authentication Password - kamisama123
Click on the Update button.
On the dashboard screen, access the Configuration menu and select the Action option.
Locate and the option named: Report problems to Zabbix administrators
In order to enable this action, you need to click on the word Disabled in red.
It will turn on the word Enabled in green.
This will configure Zabbi to send e-mail notifications to the users that are members of the Zabbix Administrator group.
By default, only the user Admin is a member of the Zabbix administrators group.
By default, the Admin user has no e-mail address associated to the account.
Now, we need to associate an e-mail address to the Admin account.
Login on the Zabbix web interface as the Admin user.
On the top right part of the screen, access the user profile settings.
On the user profile screen, access the Media tab and add a new Email configuration.
Here is an image with our configuration.
Here is the summary of the Admin user e-mail configuration.
Congratulations! You have configured the Zabbix server e-mail notification